书墓之心

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search
Author: Morgane

[原创] Pacific Updates (May 2016 - Ongoing)

[Copy link]

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-20 08:33:31
| Show all posts
Right, a quick logistical type update - I just made it back in, and Zero should have been largely done with all the boxes and whatnots.

Now, more about this upcoming book. As we like to do things to the best of our ability, what we'll likely do is to print some pages in black and white (though last time we thought we'd do this it ended up being full-color anyways xD)

You can see here as an example. The righthand side's placeholder gives me a lot of room to add more story, or add more sketches depending on what we feel like.

And, because we do want to put more lore-related things in, those pages will work out well. Think the type of layout you see from the AR series, since we want to make sure that anything we write, we'll not need to make any changes. I've been at Pacific for a year and a half - almost two years now. We haven't needed to retcon anything so far, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Other than that, there's more progress on GG. Since GG is meant to be more historical in nature, you can see that we're slowly expanding out the character reptoire.

Will there be boys in GG?

Yes. I thought I answered this already. xD

How serious of a work is GG, now that women are on the battlefield?

I think "serious" is less accurate as much as it's more "historical" in nature. Pacific, for instance, is heavily historical mostly through two areas. The alternative historical events, such as the history of STEC's references to a lot of real life people, and of course, the memories or experiences carried by the individual shipgirls. The actual historical details I save for the trivia section or the website. In contrast, again, GG is more like an actual manual that's geared at people that like anime, but otherwise don't know much about the military history stuff.
One additional way in which we plan to draw in readers is to introduce little snippets of stories. You'll notice (for those that can read Chinese) that we've got little bios for each of the girls. In general, we look into first-hand accounts of the war (this is one of our strengths for the team, after all), and then try to craft out an appropriate story based on those experiences. Think back to images like this one.

If this question is are there going to be anything "special" in regards to the lore - e.g. female-only units, how would a segregated military unit work, and the like. That, you're gonna have to wait for the book itself. :)

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-21 11:40:58
| Show all posts
Hm, what to randomly comment about ...

Oh, of course.

Kongou has no sense for etiquette-des!

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-22 12:43:01
| Show all posts
I think we've had iterations of this image for a long, long long while now.

Iowa sisters riding around town. x) I think we now have a good opportunity to actually put it in the next book.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-23 12:50:19
| Show all posts
I just got back after a long day. Dead tired. Was going to post a Louisiana piece, but I'll post it some other time.

In the meantime, here's a chibi WIP xD

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-25 08:59:31
| Show all posts

Last location we presented for the new book was a little hard to pick out. This one, on the other hand? :)

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-26 11:59:24
| Show all posts
Are the characters from 2016 canon?

I thought I answered this question before. Short answer, yes. If they were seriously just a one-shot thing, we wouldn't be going to the effort to do stuff like this, for instance.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-27 12:37:05
| Show all posts
How come you don't post around [name places] anymore?

This question crops up once every few months or so. The answer is I do, but my IRL studies and work (let's face it, it's basically work xD) takes precedent, and after I finish my other duties such as writing up little Pacific updates and whatnots, sometimes it's already 4 AM in the morning, and I need to get to bed.

In general, at least in English, I frequent here, of course. I make appearances in Dai's KanColle thread in WOWS and the Spacebattle thread, and will go over to Himeuta once a week to dump the week's updates there. This would be four communities that I make something of an attempt to visit. If I had all the time in the world, it still wouldn't really be much. On average I'm dealing with some emails from curious folks a day, and on days where I can't deal with those? They pile back up almost immediately.

This is to say nothing of what I have to do on the Chinese end such as directing translations or interacting with readers there. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that apologies, folks, but Morgane's one person. Until we hire a PR director or something specific, this is the best I could do, and it's the best I could offer.

Why are the other Iowa sisters all blonde-haired and only Iowa is black-haired?

I'm going to answer this question with a seemingly trivial answer. This is not meant to disparage the question.

Why is Lexington's hair blue?

That, and I think it's a little easy to think of the Iowa sisters as all blondes. That's not quite the case. Wisky's hair is similar to Jer's, but Mo's hair color is a very pale blonde, and we've seen fanart of her (or interpretations) of her hair as white or platnium blonde.

Also, no offense to Wisky, she probably doesn't know how to do hair-care properly. x) You haven't seen much of the other Iowa sisters (partly because they haven't made much of an appearance), but she's a little more of a tomboy than Jer is.

Why is there a panda on Houston's belt?

Explained in the end notes of Pacific vol.2. It's a nod to the Chinese chef that went down with the captain, and the fact that folks from the USS Houston managed to help out many of the Chinese immigrants that were serving on that ship. These people joined up with the US navy to strike back at the Japanese, but many just wanted to give their families a better life and remit their wages back to the mainland.

Physical copies when?

Soon. When it's ready it'll be ready. Zero has a lot more to manage at this very moment that requires his attention.

English vol. 2 when?

I'll do English vol. 2 at some point, but it's not the greatest thing on my priority list right now because of pretty much all the other books that are stacked up.

AR3 when?

Same thing. AR3 is actually kind of taking form in front of you, and we have a couple of new initiatives to see how we can insert more history stuff. The revised trivia section received fairly good feedback from both ends of the readership (Chinese and English) and I'm going to try to do more with it.

In fact, you've already seen portions of the characters that may appear as a result of AR3.

I'm a little confused still about what's canonical and what isn't. I know November is sort of the main artist (if you can call it that lol) but like is Sima's girls also canon? How does Hakuryu work if she's never a real ship? What about your other artists that also draw the same thing?

Er, okay, anything we put out as a print-thing (a book or poster) is canonical within the Pacific universe. This includes also the website updates. As for the primary-secondary question, that's not really how the team runs, per se. It's more that different artists do different things. You'll see the AR (foreign) girls appear in our new book, for instance. It's just there's a time and place for everything.

Hakuryu is kind of a lovable idiot in the story. True to her never-been-built status, her personality was largely created by Sune. The way I'd describe her? She's a kind-hearted girl with larger-than-life personality, but her actual competence is about the equivalent of the Japanese Private Snafu. Very very very PLANE WINGS SHARP LIKE KATANA FOLDED 1000X times (or, in Sune's case, literally applying logic taken from the IJA/IJN instructional manuals).

Unlike Haku, however, IRL people who seriously believed stuff like "the human body can triumph over any machine of steel. If you believe hard enough your plane will dive faster" tend to not survive through their first encounter. x)

I am unaware of any other shipgirls that's been created. BC is busy these days, and he's not really interested in design. We're not the only ones drawing shipgirls, though, so it's probably not going to be one of ours. xD

Are you taking applications for new artists lol?

We're not actively seeking to expand at the moment, but if you have something in mind, by all means message me.

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU POSTING AT 5:17 AM IN THE MORNING YOU CAN'T BE A REAL PERSON HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE YOU

No. I'm just very good at picking my times for power-naps and arranging my sleeping schedule accordingly. There's only one Morgane.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-28 13:53:39
| Show all posts
With the recent discovery that Yamato may be one of the most successful battleships ever, how would this affect her role in Pacific?

I've already commented over on SB, since that's where the source appears to be coming from. From a purely historical viewpoint, Yamato was a failure. You can't really whitewash the fact that she was created to fulfill a very specific niche in IJN naval doctrine (basically that of the "decisive battle"), and she failed at that particular task rather spectacularly. Those ships were meant to fight and kill other capital ships as their primary purpose. That's what Kantai Kessen (literally battleship fleet decisive battle was).

Ask yourself if Japan ever got a chance to do this, and you'll realize the answer is no. Yamato's failures cannot be attributed to her, since in some senses, the doctrine itself failed, but a failure is nonetheless, a failure. You cannot retroactively define what the IJN naval planners wanted using new perspectives and call that a success. It would be like changing the goals of a soccer game so the goal is to score as little as possible, and then calling the Brazil-Germany game a great victory for Brazil's part.

Pacific's Japan is a splintered mess. The Hyuuga Incident shook up the order of things badly, and there are many different interest groups at play. Yamato herself is well-aware of her historical counterpart's past, but if I were to describe Yamato's general attitude, morose and disgruntled would be two good words. For you see, shipgirls are basically THE definition of those "decisive battle" weapons, and as the Abyssals have (rather cleverly) not attacked in force, it is clear that in the grapple for political power, the shipgirls are going to  get dragged into it.

Oh, Yamato knows very well that she's one of the most powerful beings on the planet. But, bound as she is by decorum, honor, tradition, and secrecy, she cannot act. In that way she is almost like the Queen of England - or, in a closer example - the Emperor himself. She cannot act, because anything she does - supporting one admiral over the other, for instance - could shatter national unity.

Ask our Yamato if she believed the war could have turned out differently and she would not give an answer. Ask her if certain battles could have been different, and her answer would be, absolutely. What she's deathly afraid of, and there are signs of this coming to pass, is that this forced neutrality is going to play out in the same way as it did in the Pacific war. If the NKT decides to hold her back in much the same way as the IJN did her historical counterpart, she's not sure what she would do - especially when she now know what inaction would mean.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-29 13:54:56
| Show all posts
I have a question in regards to ships that became "members" of the USN (aside from U-2513). How do ships like Nagato, I-400, I-401, Prinz Eugen, U-505, etc. feel about the USN and STEC in Pacific?

In great detail than yesterday:

Nagato:

The NKT flatly denies the fact that "Nagato" has ever existed in their record of shipgirls, and most of the Japanese shipgirls have never heard of her. Yamato or Akagi MIGHT know something about her, but good luck getting any information out of them.

STEC's perspective is a little more complicated. Some digging into the archives show that STEC was aware of her activity starting from around the early 60s or so (or even possibly earlier, as it was not entirely clear when the Japanese shipgirls first appeared). Always working alone or with one other Japanese shipgirl, she largely hunted scouts around Asiatic waters on her own and assisted with the reconstruction effort that was initiated in Japan. However, all records of her activity roughly ends around the 70s to 80s, or about a little before the NKT formally revealed itself. STEC has had not seen her since.

Specifically, STEC has records of her, but no data-file, matrix, or parameters in MERLIN. Given that MERLIN (or its predecessors) have been around for basically as long as STEC started up, it seems rather impossible that Nagato was never registered in STEC's archives. The most plausible explanation is that someone had gone in and removed all records of her, but that's as unlikely, as only a handful of shipgirls and STEC's commander has access.
Either way, Nagato is unavaliable for comment.

From an out of world perspective, I-400, I-401, and U-505 do not exist yet in the world of Pacific.

Prinz Eugen:

Prince Eugen was written long before she appeared in KanColle proper, and her personality - ironically - is not very different from her canonical counterpart. As I said earlier, Pringles' outlook on life is basically live, laugh, and love. She doesn't care at all about history or politics and would care for very little about what had happened before. It didn't matter that Germany and the US were at war nearly half a century ago, and it honestly still doesn't matter to her (much) that Germany is still divided. As far as she's concerned, Germany's paying the price for World War 2 now, and she has little reason to desire change from the status quo.

This is in direct contrast to Bismarck, who is about as different from her as Pennsy's politics are from Sanny's. Both, as I said earlier, are meant to contrast Lori, who comes out of East Germany and holds a very different take on what life is like. Unlike Lori, Pringles is fine being German. She has no desire to immigrate or naturalize.

You said that the subgirls are kind of busy with missions in vol. 1. I feel really bad for them. What do the subgirls do for fun? Tell me they have time for fun, right?

Well, let's look at the personalities of the various subgirls.

Lori's probably the easiest to predict, and I've got one word. Freeaboo. A perspective that many of us native inhabitants of the US may find this a little strange, but she really just likes doing stuff. The girls getting people together for a baseball game? Lori'll be there. Headed off base to do shopping? Lori'll be there. BBQ? Lori'll help grill. Shooting at the range? Well, we had that 4koma, remember? xD

The most recent thing she's learning is the Charleston. But a lot of these things are based on her personality. I'd describe Lori as someone who likes to try out new things and very much likes doing stuff with other people, so rather than giving a laundry list, I think it makes more sense to tell you about her and illustrate the types of things she'd do.

For girls like Narwhal or Dolphin, we're talking doing simple things. Both are likely the busiest out of the group, but both are independently-minded enough that they wouldn't necessarily shy away from group contact. Still, the most likely things you'll find them doing are either finishing up chores or relaxing. Narwhal bakes. I normally don't directly correlate historical detail with shipgirl hobbies - since that in effect locks in a single character interpretation, which I think would be kind of boring, but the historical Narwhal had a rather good baker on board. Good enough that sometimes menu items were mentioned in the war diaries.

Dolphin likes to fix things. No word on whether or not she's got something she's working on the garage. That's something you'll have to ask Sal.

Then you have the generally extroverted girls. Out of those revealed so far, Sculpin, Lori, and Pam both fall under this category. It's kind of established that Sculpin literally just lazes around a lot. We're talking the type to probably climb a tree and read a book or tan out on the lawn or just nap. This is because she has a rather expressive personality, and part of going with the flow and "chilling" is to follow those impulses. So you can imagine seeing her, say, paint the hallways of STEC's dining halls. I imagine someone who can aim really well probably's good with a brush, too.

Pam? Basically K9 and I explain her to the rest of the team as "oversized Shaw." Think of the personality of a friendly barmaid or waitress or nurse or any of those stereotypically "female" positions. Very good at digging at things, smiles quite a bit, and gossips like a fiend. Count on her to be a part of social events or in lively discussions. Pam's probably not likely to be by herself too often, unless it's to test a new recipe to bring to the crowd or a new piece of jewelry.

Lastly, many of the subgirls are introverts. So we're talking Sal, Surcouf, and Bats. These are far more likely to spend time on their own because socializing is either awkward for them (Bats, Sal), socializing is tiring (Bats, Surcouf), or they simply really just prefer to be alone most of the time (Surcouf, Sal). For Surcouf, it's also a case of being foreign in a largely American setting. There is a certain type of French woman that carries themselves with a controlled degree of aloofness, and she's definitely that. This is a difference between cultures, in that the French (in comparison to the Americans) are a lot less open about themselves unless they've gotten to know the people well. The problem is that for Surcouf, she finds socialization to be tiring. So she's far more likely to be in her room working on things that are interesting to her - whether it's working out, doing hair or nails, that kind of thing. Her socialization might be bitching about fashion (or the lack of style) with Cal or strangely enough, joining Sanny in a protest.

... That last bit is openly interpretable. Surcouf explains it to Sanny that it is a French tradition to strike and protest stuff. While STEC's resident liberal progressive takes it at face value, I think whether Surcouf's doing it because she seriously believes strongly about environmentalism or maybe she just finds it fun to mess with someone is up to debate. If I'm writing her? I think I'll try my best to make that point never actually clear.

Now, the other introverts. Bats is ... Bats. We're talking about someone who doesn't intuitively "get" social cues in the sense that she has no idea as to how to interact with people outside of a professional setting. You'll note that out of the overlap, she doesn't actually prefer to be by herself. Her other issue is that socializing is tiring - a party would be pretty terrible for her because most of the time she'd want her alone-time basically within the hour. So you'll find her doing things that could conceivably substitute for human interactions. Probably goes hunting for romance novels with Yuubari (Mahan just pretends to not notice - I mean, she actually sort of lives in the library anyways), writes her own fiction (maybe - I'm not entirely sure if Bats would care for the trite that passes for poetry these days), or do some arts and crafts type things.

That's where I can see her interacting quite a bit with Sal. Sal's STEC's master mechanic. I can assure you that she's got plenty of projects that she's working on. The two might even bond over Chester-proofing their workspaces. Sal's personality, as describe often enough, is one where she finds little need or interest to socialize when there's other stuff that's more interesting. So Sal's the type who'd rather sit down with a good video game and play through it rather than head out and do a whole lot of nothing like the DD girls tend to do. Pacific does have a Yukari Akiyama type in the subgirls, but she's definitely not one of them. xD

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-6-30 16:36:01
| Show all posts

For a single one of these pictures, November creates over 60 different layers. Here's just a quick example of what two of those look like. See, when he creates these pieces, not only does the lighting and the angle needs to be considered, but he literally have to think about how the medium would overlap.

One of these files, uncompressed, is easily in the range of gigabytes. If you wonder why November wants a better computer, this is why. x)

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-1 10:55:17
| Show all posts
How about frigates? I know there are dozens but any sort of representation for the smaller than small ships?

Onto the actual topic I saw the new update, is that a Pepsicola turret config I see? And the two of them are here~

Friendly reminder, frigates aren't that small. Narwhal has rubber-boat armed SF fairies (a year and a half before KC added the marines, I might add. ;) so that's pretty small. We also have character concepts that deal with well, auxiliary type things.

Well, despite our minimalist focus, we are glad to see that some aspects of their gear are clearly identifiable. I think you can answer your question given that you've already picked out an important detail. While there are design studies using a dual-turret, we'd like to fill in some of the actual holes first. x)

Zero: "November why are there three files for that Iowa sister picture?"

Nov: "Oh, I hit the maximum size limit for PSD files -"

Me: "There are max size limits for PSD files?"

Nov: "Oh, yeah. My octo-core machine is crying right now."

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-2 18:03:14
| Show all posts
Long day. Got a few photos of the sort that I'll drop later, but for now, a GG update.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-3 18:05:09
| Show all posts
I'm still confused about what's in your next book... So it's not a serious book?

It's still a "serious" book in the sense that there are AR-like bits where we talk about shipgirl lore. But as a whole, the closest thing would be a Carnival Phantasm equivalent to Pacific's main universe. 4th wall breaking on occasions, that kind of thing.

Where can I get it?

Probably Comiket. Zero will have the Chinese versions up on Taobao. English? We're still working on logistics. At this point it's going to turn into a meme. xD

Hey, speaking of the English version. Folks are working on it. Long story short, the team's decided that it's impossible for me to actually try to run the webstore. I mean, it's literally these four things, pick two.
- Sleep & personal health
- Write Pacific
- Medical school
- Runs web store.

You can probably figure out which ones I picked. I'm working on getting adequate hours of sleep right now, but it's a challenge so far. Again, I do this because I really love doing it. It's less about creating expectations and more about just doing this because it's a way for me to keep track of our own progress.

WILL OTHER IOWA BE IN THE NEW BOOK? YOUR IOWA IS STILL BEST IOWA

Er, I actually don't know if Nov wants to draw Kadokawa's Iowa. We're definitely fond of her and we've drawn her before, but there's only so many pages planned. Maybe we'll make a Yamato of our own and have the two meet then. x)

WHY SO MANY CHINESE CHARACTERS? WHY NO COREAN?

If by so many you mean like, two from the main cast? There's Adm. Peiying. Mike's Chinese American, so maybe you can count him in. How many American shipgirls have we made? In general each "country"'s supporting cast numbers up to hundreds of named characters.

WHY NOTHING ABOUT COREA?

Er... How do you want me to answer this?

WHY NO COREAN SHIPGIRL????

I mean, same thing up there. I was unaware that Korea had any naval assets of significant note during WW2.

Love the details you guys put into the books. Do you have any plans to shift gears into something more historical? I see Greatest Generation is something of the sort, but what about Pacific characters proper?

I see someone's either been breaking into our team archives or is good at mind reading. There is indeed something we're working on. I don't want to show it yet, but here's a sample of what's to come.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-5 14:04:44
| Show all posts
Updated the main site today. :) Happy Birthday, America. :)

http://www.hon-haka.org/archives/1146

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-6 14:38:30
| Show all posts
For those of you worried about Pacific shifting art styles:

Worry not. November is still November. x)

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-7 16:36:59
| Show all posts
Hey Morgane, I was wondering if your new book will be released in English? If so, when?

Our new book will be released at comiket (August 12th) in Japanese (and also I think Chinese). I'll likely post the English version online as we have done, since we're still ironing out logistics over any English physical releases. The reason why you don't see me really active anywhere is because we have less than a month to get things ready. :)

a question about pacific, since STEC is extremely secretive, what would happen if other members of the armed forces (army, air force etc) found out what STEC was really doing what would happen?  

What would happen? Leave it to the storyline to reveal itself.

Army and Airforce definitely knows that STEC exists. Against something as big as the Abyssals, it's obvious that the US will get the high echelons of command involved. The issue here is sort of twofold.

1. The other military branches (including the navy itself) really has zero reason to actually poke their head into STEC's business. Ike had a hand in STEC's formal design, and it's pretty transparent in terms of its accountability and command structure. STEC also does a lot of actual "mundane" research (that's not just, as Leon would put it, hokey pokey fairy magic), and given that there are different classification levels in terms of how secretive a research project is, most people know better to not poke around. Those that do are very unlikely to find much. I mean, where would you even start looking if you have no idea where or how to look?

In terms of actual anti-Abyssal operations, STEC has historically had special designated locations that are off-limits similar to real-life secret weapon testing facilities. With Avalon now in service, all of that is moved directly onto that mobile base. Super convenient given Avalon's stealth capabilities.

2. The personnel of STEC are a special hand-selected filtered group. They're the best of the best - as they ought to be. US Special Forces tend to attract a certain kind of personality, and those guys really don't talk or blather. STEC is obviously aware that yes, at any moment, someone can in theory run to CNN/MSNBC/FOX and unleash everything there is about the situation, but STEC is banking on the innate human connection that we have with each other to keep people motivated.

When your day job literally involves watching one magical thing after the other. When your boss at your day job trusts you with everything - even if you're a bog-standard marine serving under Leon or your not-so-average lab tech (let's face it you probably need to be a solid scientist to tech on Avalon itself) or your diplomatic core - and ensures that you understand just what it is that you're doing and most of the time why (remember STEC is functionally autonomous). When you know what you do matters not only for you, but for the  entire country and the entire world at large. When you're more than adequately rewarded for all that you do.

Tell me, what kind of an offer could the Abyssals make, short of actual mindfuckery or mind control, would convince someone who managed to get into this kind of an organization to betray it? For that matter, what would motivate someone to leave an organization like this?

Lastly, some of STEC's shipgirls are psionic. The optimists in STEC's overall command structure would say that honestly between the medical corps and the shipgirls themselves these problems can be addressed. If you're one of the cynics on the other hand, wouldn't you say that'd be the ultimate safeguard if you know what your people are thinking?

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-9 15:28:27
| Show all posts
Will the Action Report foreign girls show up in the new book?

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-10 21:24:03
| Show all posts
Nothing much to it. Though expect a book/event announcement soon. Here's another November sketch. x)

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-12 16:02:08
| Show all posts
What's your take on the *ahem* more questionable art of Pacific girls? Also would

Redacted because this is seriously abusing my capacity to answer questions. Also these people are the types that make Iowa uncomfortable. >:(

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-7-13 16:11:15
| Show all posts
MORGANE BRO WHY ARE YOU UP AT LIKE 4 AM POSTING PACIFIC UPDATES

Medical school, bro, don't have time to update at any other time.

Can I get a bigger Iowa pic (the cute one you posted yesterday)?

Sure. This is one of Sima's. So if you're tagging or something just know that it's from him.

Are you going to do something about 2016 now that Bernie's officially turned traitor?

Maybe. Current focus is on our next book, though, so ...

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT RUMORS ABOUT A PACIFIC MANGA

Nothing. Just a rumor. I'll post it when it's ready.

Would STEC incorporate modern technology as STEC progresses through time such as night vision goggles? Because I remember Mahan mentioning how the Abyssals used smoke to cover themselves and that the shipgirls were unable to see past the smoke.

That is true, but bear in mind that we have ways to circumvent things like smoke or squalls or mists. The Abyssals in our work operate on a different level of technological superiority. Night vision goggles, for instance, might work off of near-infrared light and combine that with low levels of visible light. This type of equipment wouldn't work when say, the Abyssals deploy literal spheres that (appears) to be completely dark.

Now, a STEC physicist knows that basically (at least for instance, how night is) is simply the planet rotating so that a source of light is blocked, and so we enter a relatively "low-light" situation. If the Abyssals have technologies where say, it appears to do something to locally block out a greater portion of light so that it creates darkness, assuming that's how it works, there are appropriate countermeasures that could potentially be developed.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Mobile|小黑屋·Darkroom|书墓|书墓之心 ( 蜀ICP备15014333号 )

2017-10-23 04:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.343387 sec., 13 queries .