书墓之心

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search
View: 2517|Reply: 6

[怀旧] Pacific Archival Updates (Sep. 2014 - May/June 2015: Pre-historic/Himeuta era)

[Copy link]

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
Post time: 2016-5-16 17:47:37
| Show all posts |Read mode
"Why aren't you off to bed Morgane?"

Well, actually, I figure since I'm on a roll anyways, I might as well transfer the updates I made on Himeuta way, way, way before we've even thought of making our own site. Call it documenting a journey, alright? x) For me, looking at this was really a trip down memory lane.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-5-16 17:55:30
| Show all posts
September to November 2014:

Some of my first updates have unfortunately been lost to the forum reshuffling at Himeuta. But some of the first updates...

Mahou Shoujou Enterprise xD

On Dolphin:

A departure from the more well-known ship (girls), Dolphin's a pretty hilarious case of making-do-with-what-we-can. When I was designing her, I managed to access some first-hand microfilms of her combat reports and history. It's interesting to see that she saw very little combat (in contrast to her older sisters - Narwhal and Nautilus), but she played an integral role as a training ship for the USN submarine forces. Of course, her captain was rather sarcastic in remarking that nearly everything was either broken or leaking fuel - in fact, she leaked so much fuel that she had to abandon her original combat mission on one of her sorties.

Pirate captain hat? There's been a lot of Dolphins across history. One-piece? Well, Dolphin was A) smaller IRL and B) we thought swimsuits were what's supposed to be given to sub-classed girls. Angry grin? Well, how'd you feel if you were basically the red-haired stepchild of the treaty submarines?

Ah, of course. Enterprise under torpedo attack. x)

This was our first convention, too. Looking at these pictures brings up some fond memories.

So, uh, this is apparently populated by many, many Fujoshi doujins and doujin artists. The attendance numbers are about anywhere from 20k-50k. Mostly (70%+) yaoi fangirls from what I've heard. xD Though a lot of our support also came from fellow doujin artists, who were interested in our stuff even before the convention started. It was great meeting a lot of them!

From Zeroblaze. Apparently, this was the only time (about 8:30, or roughly when the event opened?) a line was visible. The line here is a popular yaoi doujin artist's booth, so... xD

Half an hour later, it was literally SWARM OF PEOPLE. SWARM SWARM SWARM. It got to the point where one of our supporters was like, "dude, I found you guys once on Saturday, but couldn't find you guys again despite how hard I tried."

(We were tucked away in a tiny corner, in the least accessible place in the entire convention. xD)

http://i.imgur.com/sxheHKG.jpg

We also have a tradition of loot. x)

Hello from Northampton, Enterprise, and Narwhal! These little paper stand-out/plaques/bookmarks were what we settled on as a little extra loot for those that came out to visit us. Though I'm pretty sure (if we can figure out that you're an "overseas" supporter), you'll find one of these in your bags as well.

...I think we're out of Narwhals. xD She was an extremely popular character, though many of our supporters claim that they like her because of her "personality" or "history" or "background."

"How could you guys do what you guys do?"

It is always our intention to release free electronic versions as soon as we can (along with damaged arts xD), because honestly, we're only concerned with making enough to recoup printing costs. Zeroblaze's got a dream where he hope to play a small but positive role in the Chinese doujin market. He doesn't blame them for trying to make a quick buck, but the lack of quality (or "honesty") as he calls it, really bothered him. Enough so that he wanted to try to make a difference.

To put it in perspective, an average Chinese doujin book half our size and in black and white costs anywhere from 10 to 100% more than ours. It's one explanation as to why our feedback over there has been extremely positive. Considering the relatively small base population of KanColle fans, even I was surprised by the reception that we have received.

I should clarify, despite being a part of the team, I do not take any monetary compensation. All the money goes to Zeroblaze and November, because they've got the guts to do the right thing in an environment that's damn hard for anyone to survive. We'll let our works speak for itself, but if you think that there's anything we could do better, please let us know :)

And so, the dream begins.

USN Fleet Collection (though we refer to it internally as "Pacific") is the tentative/placeholder title we're calling all related works created by our doujin circle (November, Zeroblaze, myself) as well as all related fanworks (fanfiction, fanart, cosplays etc) created by our supporters. In all honesty, I'd say it's just a comprehensive fictional "universe" centered around our versions of the USN ship girls. I've put a lot of effort into crafting the world behind what you see in Pacific, and it's a great feeling to see people catching the details and taking off with it. :)

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-5-16 17:58:17
| Show all posts
December 2014:

Poor Northampton. xD But ... What's important here is that we released the electronic version pretty much on the dot. We got our printing money back, and Pacific lives on in what would be a series of improbable events.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-5-16 18:06:25
| Show all posts
Jan. 2015:

(Those of you that are curious and know Chinese - yes, the cover page of Modern Weaponry, one of China's largest military fanzines is our Iowa. There's a special in that magazine about the Iowa-class battleship, the team, and the doujin field in China as a whole. Of course, what we didn't think was the discussion that followed - there's currently a huge row over Chinese military forums, chatgroups, and weibo about whether 1. it's appropriate to put doujin art on a magazine dedicated to real weapons and 2. whether or not anime is okay to like as well if you like military stuff and 3. whether "anthro-moe" is an appropriate thing to represent weapons of war.

I'll have more to report at a later date, but the drama's entertaining. As one guy's put it:

"As an editor for a military magazine with more than four years of experience, I will say: this is shamefur dispray. Brings shame to the entire field!

Also I think this is totally hot. Keep it up."

I'll note that we get no profit from this - the initiative was a personal favor from November/Zeroblaze for the editor, and we make no money from the sale of that magazine. ;)

The first of Looavul jokes. x)

"Pacific shipgirls, ship or girl?"

You can see that way back then, my thought process was already like it was today.

A couple of things. As the goal is to get people who didn't know much history interested in this part of naval history, many ship girls describe themselves in simple terms in terms of their historical accomplishments. In an in-universe sense, this also made sense, as the ship girls are entering a new world which may not know what they accomplished or did "historically."

I wrote Northampton in particular after going through some scattered first-hand accounts of her final battle, and was struck by how dignified it was. Thus, our Northampton's a nice, serious girl in terms of personality. For her personal story arc, I've chosen to focus on the theme of redemption. Tassafaronaga was a tactical blunder, and I feel that such an ignoble end would have surely played some role in her psyche. Someone who is serious and responsible like her is likely to be hard on herself.

That being said, though, I wrote Pacific wanting to showcase growth, healing, change - all that is good about America and humanity (not necessarily in that order). As such, Northampton's own journey is one of redemption. Faith plays an integral part of Northampton's characterization, but it's an angle that permeates her being much like say, Captain America. It's not particularly visible, but it's evident in every part of her being.

This is why, when given a chance to "become" a ship girl to protect humanity from the abyssal threat, our Northampton answered the call. For her, her lowest point has already passed. As the historical USS Northampton sank, there was nothing she could do to stop that from happening. Captain Kitts, however, left a very deep impression on her even as he was forced to abandon ship. Don't give up hope.

And so, she took her second chance. Northampton is not technically seeking redemption. She's aware that she has already been redeemed by the very fact that she lives today. That knowledge and security is integral in her every day life. However, knowing something is very different from actually internalizing it as it doing it, and as the story unfolds, I'd like to see Northampton apply that knowledge to her life as she grows alongside the rest of Pacific's cast.

More WIPS...

A bit about our creative process...

In general, the workflow is that everything starts from me. As I am responsible for historical accuracy and character design, it is my job in the team to make sure that Zeroblaze and November has a solid foundation of a character in mind as we move towards our collaborative creation. Within STEC HQ (what we jokingly call our online work environment) are a lot of scattered notes and ideas. I sort through sometimes hundreds of different sources (especially if a ship was famous) and pare that information down so that the others in the team can digest it.

Given my own experiences, I know full well that the best way to be creative is that to allow our artists complete freedom over what he wishes to put on paper. A lot of times when we sit down, November or Zeroblaze'll ask me. Morgane, tell me a story about our girls. And I'll begin. I think the biggest reason why we do this is that it is fun. It is so rewarding to see a character come to life before your eyes, and at the risk of sounding like Pygmalion, you will start to feel something.

Seriously, I now totally understand why Kansuke cried when he heard Hiryu (his favorite ship) get voiced. It's as he said. When you've put in enough love for something, they'll come alive. And that's exactly that. Sometimes, when a character's "soul" is clear enough, it's easy for us to find the inspiration for. Helena was one such example. She's surprisingly one of our most popular characters, and many attribute that both to her design (I guess most Chinese like somewhat scantily clad "Greek Goddesses") and her characterization, which is coquettish but at the same time, very devoted.

Of course, we've got instances where characters went through a lot of revisions from start to finish. Maury, for instance, almost went full-on Iron Man since we ended up discussing how we could best conceptualize her super experimental boiler systems. The historical Maury was the fastest USN ship ever during WW II - a full ~3 knots faster than even Shimakaze! We went through several iterations (one with a miniaturized "arc reactor" because she was mistaken for a convoy ship once by the IJN, for instance), but ultimately settled on our current "unique" design focused around her extraordinary service.

In fact, Maury was so special that she ended up getting a special section at the end of the book, just to explain more about her. xD

Right. Yuuuuuge Enterprise. xD November took her for a convention at Beijing, and got funny stares.

And a trip to Taiwan, too.

So our international journey begun here.

We picked up a Nogami book in person. He was a pretty cool guy xD

Also, we were endorsed by Supreme Leader of Best Korea. This is probably one of my favorite images of all time.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-5-16 18:15:14
| Show all posts
Feb. 2015.

We start working with Siqi on his book.

"Why Enterprise into bow?"

I should explain why Enterprise and Hornet carries archaic weapons. You will notice that while they do carry personal sidearms that are very American in nature, the reality is that when we first designed these two girls, we wanted to experiment with that part of America's distant past. All the Yorktown carrier girls are thematically arranged in such a way, because after all - a remodel is coming, where they'll be receiving their "remodels" and a power-up in turn.

While we have plans to illustrate the Essex-class upgrades - note that our ship girls are girls first, "ship" second - we're going to work with what's ahead of us right now, which is Lexington and Yorktown, in that order.

Hornet's going to be redrawn to a higher resolution for volume 2, but we decided to retain her crossbow because it fits with her character theme of the Hornet from the Continent Navy - a small ship that would give the British Empire a mighty "sting." In addition, the historian in me would like to note that Beekeepers were granted the right to carry heavy crossbows as an exclusive right by most European authorities, so there's also that as well.

Enterprise carries an American composite longbow because of Ben Franklin. Let's say that the old All-American had many ideas as to how to arm the fledgling continental army, most of which did not go beyond conceptualization. However, let's just say that one of those ideas left a deep impression on the nascent Enterprise's soul, and thus, when she materialized in the world, she chose the bow to symbolize her own armaments.

"As an aside, I've had a question floating around in my head after it became clear that the ships are coming back with some memories of the war: do they still carry grudges or trauma from their experiences? For example, is Enterprise rather clingy around her sisters or would she be reluctant to leave if one of them is injured (both Yorktown and Hornet, after all, sank after Enterprise left voluntarily or not)? Do Arizona and Pennsylvania still harbor a grudge against the Japanese for the Pearl Harbor attack?"

In general the answer is: it's up to you. We have a lot of fanfiction of our work, and people tend to interpret the characters in their own ways. That being said, I'll share mine.

While the main theme of Pacific is that of civilization against that which threatens it (the abyssal fleet), the short answer is that yes. Some do. In an overall sense, the USN ship girls are much more willing to put humanity above personal grudges.

(As it will be shown by one of the co-authors of Pacific (Artursitter/Sune/Murasaki, our resident Japanese-American), the IJN ship girls are decidedly more split on the matter, and whether or not they can put aside the grudge plays a central role in the development of a few characters - which includes Yamato herself, a symbol of the contradictory narrative that exists in Japan in the modern day)

In our world design, ship girls are akin to guardian angels that are specific to that particular instance of that world, and it is strongly hinted that the "inspiration" for how a ship girl forms comes from some sort of key or anchor world within what passes for Pacific's multiverse (aka ours). As I mentioned in volume 1, born to defend humanity against a vast, incomprehensible interdimensional threat, ship girls represent the best of humanity - and that best of humanity include the entire emotional spectrum.

You can tell how old that reply is by the fact that I haven't started using our "modern" conventions yet. Now it's shipgirl. One word. x) But you can see, again, the overall theme hasn't changed much.

"Are shipgirls still carrying trauma from past experiences?"

In characteristic Morgane verbosity, I said:

I'll point to three characters - Northampton, Helena, and Okie - as three different character who have similar traumatic experiences, but all chose to "face" their 'history' and internalize it. do they still carry grudges or trauma from their experiences? Certainly. But it's not going to stop them from living life as best as they can.

Okie, for instance, is a timid girl who suffers from low self-esteem. When I wrote her, I was struck by how little attention the USS Oklahoma received IRL. In her short introduction with the commander you already see this - but she quickly catches herself. Father Schmitt wouldn't want to see her cry. The brave chaplain that gave his life so others could live on left a deep impression on her, and inwardly, she's aware that though she'll fail again and again, what matters is that she live on to the best of her ability.

I should have just said "yes."

"What's Enterprise like? Is she clingy?"

Our Enterprise isn't really that clingy. She would obviously be reluctant to leave if one of them is injured, but our Enterprise also don't believe in compromised solutions. Either everyone wins, or she's not trying hard enough. I write her with John William's Superman soundtrack. xD So ... that's the type of character I'd like our Enterprise to be.

I have, however, seen at least two or three fics where Enterprise is very, very tsundere.

Action report preview.

And a familiar face named K9 who wrote a little blurb about the Corsair...

F4U-1A (VMF-215)
Nicknamed the "Whistling Death" by foes, and the "Bent wing bird" by friends, the F4U corsair is a fearsome aircraft. Boasting six .50 caliber machine guns and great high speed performance, the corsair is able to dive on any opponent and take them out in one fell swoop.

Stats: (if she was going to be a KanColle equipment piece)
+10 AA
+4 Dive Bombing attack
+1 Evasion
+1 Accuracy
+1 View Range

The above brief is prepared and declassified under the direct authority of M1, Director of USNSTEC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't she just so adorable? Siqi really did a great job with this one! I just want to hug her! COME OVER HERE AND LET ME-

*ahem* Right.

Thought you guys would like a little equipment fairy. Morgane and I had a little discussion over stats and aircraft performance. Personally, I think we made the Corsair a bit too powerful (especially for a early-mid war version!), but her argument was basically that the Japanese planes really weren't all that good, and that objectively the US planes were better. Technically, she's not wrong. Plus, my inner American basically went "'MURICA FREEDOM TECHNOLOGY IS BEST".

And yes, we are aware that the Corsair wasn't quite used too much on Carriers in USN service, and VMF-215 itself was a land based squadron. We wanted to represent an iconic US fighter in Pacific, and so we made a USMC land based fighter and squadron carrier based.

"Oh, girls~ Dinnertime~"

Langley went through four separate revisions before looking like she does today. We were [] this close to arming her with a frying pan, but settled on our current design for her instead. Everything from the color of her outfit to her gear we tried to make period appropriate to reflect her theme of "pioneering mother", and I want to especially thank Alex for taking photos of period-appropriate clothing, as well as a certain archivist for helping me track down the origins of much of Langley's historical crew members.

"Oh my gosh, you did what? Well, young lady, you know what you should do. Go make it right!"

Yes, her flight deck also doubles as a washboard. Yes, she'll hand-wash your uniform and cook and clean, commander. Langley's got heart, but she wears it quietly. She's the type of girl where if a pie has been cut into four slices and suddenly a fifth person showed up, she'll happily and promptly declare that she had too much for dinner anyways. She'll nag, and worry, and be an annoying thorn in your side at times, but as you grow up, you'll realize that all she does, she did out of love for you.

"Hey, dear, don't cry if I'm gone. I'll always be with you in your heart."

As one of the most mature characters in the book, Langley's characterization is intimately linked with her historical namesake and her historical experiences. At the end of the day, she's a carrier that's simply not very powerful. Considering Pacific's metaverse, she is easily one of the most expendable ship girls in the setting. It is especially ironic in that she is one of the few who retains memories of other efforts against the abyssal fleet that stands beyond the world's current knowledge, yet she is often the first gone from the roster that would awaken to fight a futile battle on humanity's behalf across those worlds.

Treasure her well, commander, because one seldom misses motherly love until it is no more.

Additional design notes pertaining to Langley:

Theme for the Langley comes from her nickname as the covered wagon, a type of vehicle used during the American westward expansion.
Her red panifore is a reference to the various heating/smoke-venting problems she had during her historical design, as November thought the color red symbolized fire, passion, and warmth. In addition, red was the rarest color during the time (most pioneering women clothes came in blue, black, or brown), and November wanted Langley to have at least something she was proud about.
Her twin stacks can be seen poking out of her "washboard." The deck is intentionally shortened in comparison to say, Enterprise's due to Langley's later remodel as a Seaplane Tender, which resulted in the removal of roughly 33% of her flight deck space.
We may or not actually give Langley a Seaplane Tender remodel.

Also, unlike late-era CVs or CVEs, the Langley (surprisingly enough) did not have heavy-duty washers. When off-duty, men would frequently set out the lines and have their clothes to hang.
Due to Langley's poor anti-air defenses, she has no visible anti-aircraft guns on her equipment.
Because Langley really wasn't a terribly big or powerful ship, her attributes are pretty modest. ;) Take her swimsuit shopping, though, and you just might be surprised by what she's going to pick~
Langley does have a bonnet at home, but she prefers to keep her head uncovered and unadornished. To keep with her simple and selfless personality, if you look very closely, you can see parts of her dress being patched up by hand.
In a nod to her original life as Jupiter, Langley's boots are adorned with a stylized reference to the collier's screw and general engineering attributes. She's also not particularly fast (as you can see she doesn't have anything that would suggest "speed" - Maury's greaves and Enterprise's screwed heels being more explicit references)
Instead of carrying munitions in a period-appropriate munitions bag, we've decided to give her little "pouches" that were designed after the historical Langley's profile. In her case, she loads up miniaturized planes (like bullets) and launches them from her rifle, with or without the assistance of her flight-deck/washboard which doubles as an aiming stand.
Let's just say that going through old blueprints and records, the Langley was terrible at keeping her planes and assorted supplies in reasonable order. The fact that Langley is organized is well, because she's mom. Since when does mom NOT know where everything is?

That rifle in particular is a specific reference that I'm going to wait and see if anyone picks up. A good hint is that it's the same type of rifle used during this time period, but the patterns and designs refer to one specific gunmaker somewhere in the United States. ;)
The canteen is an obvious reference to her ship's emblem, but it's also another reference that should be pretty clear in hindsight. ;)

Surprisingly enough, not even the rifle launching planes bit are retconned. This is from nearly a year and a half ago, and we've still managed to keep everything consistent. x)

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-5-16 18:29:29
| Show all posts
March - April 2015.

A lot of AR1.

This was the first time we got the idea where we can actually get our readers involved. We received a lot of pieces, and at the end, settled on featuring a few of those. :)

Also the sticker sheet that everyone's actually interested in. xD

And, of course, the mini-Enterprise.

We ended up producing like 20 of these.

Zero was about to start a kickstarter to see whether or not we could mass produce these. However, after he discovered that we can do this cheaper than what we pledged, with no way to shut off the project, we elected to do no advertising and let the project fall quietly.

Man, time goes by super fast. Back then the printers we used had tons of people. Just as we got better, they upgraded, too.

You can probably tell the machinery's a lot less shiny than the ones we've been posting lately. x)

And this was all done just in time for Chengdu's Convention as well. xD

The Pennsy was kind of an accident, since people voted Helena. But somehow when Zero ordered things, he slipped, and now we have a ton of Pennsy made instead. She's definitely turned into a favorite for the team, though. Our residential rightwinger/Republican, as a perfect contrast with Sanny. x)

We're sold out. Actually, Pacific ran out of stock the first day into the convention, and I'll be updating the webpage/support store in the next couple of days. Even Action Report's about ... halfway gone to my knowledge, so once again we're very humbled by the outpouring of support that we've received. Thanks, everyone!

Where to go next? Well, Zero needs sleep, and he needs to mail out the preorders of AR that's been stacking up. We've also learned that the cool looking secret dossier folder that we made for AR doesn't ship well at all, so ... additional precautions are going to be necessary.

November's busy at work sketching out the rest of the BB girls for the upcoming volume 2 and volume 3. Here's another one of our girls. Designs aren't finalized, of course, but we're having a lot of fun trying to fit them appropriately.

Of course, that's when Maryland was made. Roughly around this time, too, did Rener show up over there. He volunteered a lot for the TVTropes page even before then, but it's here where he started curating the page and contributing significantly to its present form today.

And Chicago.

And, of course, a bit of lore.

Part of the reason why I do so much research is that I want the folks reading our ship girls to get the "other" side of history. The ultimate theme behind Pacific is about everyone coming together to fight the abyssals. Our abyssals are extradimensional aliens bent on destroying humanity. It don't give a rat's arse about if you're Japanese or American or English.

(I know because we've got plenty of fans (on both ends of the yellow sea, might I add) that simply wants to see our ship girls fight each other because cute. It's why we'll leave folks like the Yukikaze comics to their own devices - and appreciate their take on the lore)

To get to that point, the ship girls themselves are going to overcome both their own intuitive knowledge about the war, as well as elements within their own home nation that probably want to put their own interests above that of humanity's as a whole. Remember that the analogy here is much like guardian angels. I've repeatedly explained in the source and elsewhere that our girls aren't ships given human form. Rather, when they "awaken" as a sort of superheroine-type figure, they "inherit" or "remember" much of the events of a particular war, often through the eyes of the crew member or a sort of "god's eye" view on the events. This gives them a perspective on history that's actually kind of us, modern day folks, today, and I believe one of the reasons why at least the Chinese fans like our stuff is because they can identify with the staggeringly large range of perspectives held by at least one of the ship girls.

Naturally, it'll be far easier to get say, Maury and Hyuuga to work together than say, Hiryu and Pennsy. Our girls have a lot of different perspectives and opinions, and we have a multinational writing team (includes two Japanese advisors/writers, one of whom do lurk here regularly) to ensue that we do our best to give fair representation to everyone's opinions. This is our approach to history, and I don't think KanColle can do this even if they wanted to - it's why we started on this project, after all. We're really KanColle fans and players first and foremost. x)

Here's an example of a section of dialogue from the aforementioned Pennsy. She's easily one of our funnest characters to write because she is just that: a firebrand.

You grew up in a period of peace. But do you know what the cost of that peace is? I'll tell you what. The lives of countless men that once served. Do you have any idea what that's like, what war's like? You don't. You have no idea what it's like to spend twenty-four hours a day with a gun, eating hard bread and spam, and trying to catch a few hours of sleep while kamikazes and shells fill the air and deadly mines lurk beneath the surface of the water.

I do. That memory was from a boy who was only nineteen. You're telling ME that he died to a kamikaze in '44 so you can sink to new lows of softness, selfishness, and cowardice today? You're disgusting, admiral. I'm ashamed to be serving under you.

Pennsy, disagreeing with the admiral on an order.

And, of course, her admiral's response. You'll find out (hopefully soon, since we're compressing the English version of AR for electronic distribution) that the two do argue pretty regularly. x)

I may not know what it's like to spend twenty-four hours a day with a gun eating hard bread and spam, but I do know what it's like to have to carry a knife twenty-four-seven and eating whatever I could find in that slum of a neighborhood I called home. Kamikazes and shells may not fill the air, but where I come from, gunshots range throughout the night.

Not to say that your boy wasn't a hero. He was. They all were.

But he didn't die so I could sink to new lows of softness, selfishness, and cowardice. He died so my friends could fall to drugs, join gangs, and die to shootouts. He died so entire neighborhoods in our America can spiral into helplessness, violence, and depression, with no one to give them a hand, no drive to fix what's wrong, and no hope that things could ever be better.

You said that he died so I could live the American dream, Pennsy? When I was his age, I didn't know there was an American dream. I only saw an American nightmare. And the only reason why I'm here is so that the nightmare doesn't continue.

And sometimes, that means making decisions that are tough - like what I just did.

Guess who's the admiral talking here? Yup. Leon Harris. He's been created a long, long, long time before his introduction earlier this year.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2016-5-16 18:38:40
| Show all posts
May 2015:

After facing increased amounts of active and retroactive censorship from (parts of) Himeuta's moderating team over historical matters pertaining to WW2, we decided to start looking for alternatives. May was basically a month of transition, though there's still quite a bit of stuff to be taken still.

From November's foray into other subjects...

Actual KanColle artwork.

Some funny commission work. x)

Characters for vol. 2.

And, of course. the Kant-O-Celle quest. I will admit now that I've attempted a Chinese translation of this, but gave up sometimes around #6. It's unfortunate, because I really did enjoy seeing what the hivemind created. x)

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueendin ... ant-O-Celle%20Quest

I do still post regularly in the artwork section in Himeuta. It's where we started (arguably) in the English side. Back when it was far smaller, I asked for the RP section to be put in and for them to relax the word limits there, and it's part of good netizenship for me to try to participate there in what way I can. I am thankful for all that site has provided me, and continues to be grateful to it even to today. After all, without that site, I wouldn't have met a lot of folks - including integral parts of the team.
However, roughly around May-June of 2015, this forum was born. With it came a new era in Pacific's own timeline.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Mobile|小黑屋·Darkroom|书墓|书墓之心 ( 蜀ICP备15014333号 )

2017-10-23 05:02 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.291765 sec., 14 queries .