书墓之心

 Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search
Author: Sune

Mr. Corsair's Pacific Quest (OOC)

[Copy link]

0

Digests

0

Threads

127

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
10357
Post time: 2016-1-19 03:33:06
| Show all posts
Edited by Adjutant27 at 2016-1-19 03:46

Since I don't think we have enough time left for another round of lengthy proposals, I'll vote for Sebsmith's modification. It addresses most of my concerns with the scenerio and also gives us a chance to try different ways of getting rid of the mines.

C (III)/B. (write in) Mahan and Marblehead will set up as a mobile reserve outside the minefield, Langley will send her aircraft to scout potential mine clutches and scallop locations. Chicago will join the reserve when she is ready. Dolphin may engage at her discretion, but ideally should draw or drive the scallop into friendly firing arcs. Dolphin and Langley will keep in close contact, with the later put incharge of keeping the former advised of mine locations whenever she is within contact range. Dolphin should stay within 8 kilometers of the reserve formation by informing them when she's moving on. Meanwhile, Marblehead has permission to attempt to clear the mines, but both staying combat ready to assist everyone else and the safety of herself and her fairies have priority. Once Langley has finished her sweep of the area she also has permission to attempt to to clear the mines, but the same rules apply. Osage will sail along her own wide arc so as to make sure we have a unobstructive view of the fleetgirls at all times.

[x] 1)Yes, permission to defuse the mines is granted

I think diffusing them will have some use, a dead mine is one less hazard to worry about afterall. Also, we might not have to bring the mines back to gain some information on them. Osage may just be dressed up as a research ship but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not entirely a smokescreen, if we have the equipment we might be able to do some tests on the spot. Failing that, we could just try blowing them up, or call up our superiors at Avalon to see if they'd have any further plans. This is all assuming that Mahan's idea works of course.

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2016-1-19 05:09:25
| Show all posts
Edited by MrCorsair at 2016-1-19 05:28
Sune 2016-1-18 17:53
Honestly, I'm tempted to go against all of your thinking and just see what the GM wants. This first  ...

The question isn't helped by the fact that they are members of a military organization. Most people in the setting will view them as being more on the "girl" side with certain quirks unique to shipgirls, but how Jonas views them will be left to the readers to vote on.

Also, I was wondering what setting questions I could ask Morgane without her answering them prematurely through her "History of STEC" posts. Thank you.

Calling the votes here, but I'll need a tiebreaker roll.

Neo/Sune=1

Adjutant/Sebsmith=2

1d2=2 Ad and Seb win. Writing.

Also, the mines are just below the water's surface, with some even peeking above.

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
622
Post time: 2016-1-19 11:38:16
| Show all posts
So it was just single scallop? Hehehe, dang it no elaborate traps! xD Hm...what to do post-combat?

Well for starters, we have seen a lot of development between Mahan and Marble as of late. So maybe head in the direction of developing other relations that were touched before combat or seems compatible due to their roles/personalities in the story: Dolphin-Chicago, Diaz-Langley, you-Mahan, you-Marble, you-Diaz, you-Langley, you-Dolphin, you-Chicago (okay, the last 6 was pretty obvious because you have to interact with everyone, right? So I listed them too). A good time to start would be right after the sortie.

0

Digests

0

Threads

35

Posts

ENS

Rank: 1

Credits
260
Post time: 2016-1-20 17:03:51
| Show all posts
Edited by sebsmith at 2016-1-20 01:05

Reactions, roughly in order: Woot! The plan worked, we won. The two tasks we'll need to deal with soon are a check on Jarvis Island, since that was our original mission, and the fallout from Mahan volunteering others for dangerous assignments they don't want. I'm glad I made the whole permission part clear, otherwise that could have caused more problems. (As to what I thought we might learn, well 'how not to defuse a mine' seemed likely.)

Sune chided me to 'forgetting' the inherit super-heroic nature of the ship-girls, which probably deserves a longer post, but not here and not right now. (The short answer is that I've been operating on the assumption that ship-girls are at least as capable as they were when steel-hulled, even if they probably could defeat any abyssal we've seen yet one-on-one.)

Given the characters we selected at the start, I'm kind of expecting that many of our missions are either going to be analysis or training. They certainly don't seem like the bunch one would assign to front line missions intentionally. (Now that I've said that, it of course means one is going to happen accidentally, eventually.)

Oh yeah, the way you portrayed the abyssal seemed to work, so I'm very glad everyone understood their part of the plan.

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2016-1-21 09:11:57
| Show all posts
New segment up, and options.

A) No sense putting it off. Paperwork, Ho!

B) You're worried how Chicago and Dolphin are doing. Head down to the fleetgirl quarters and check on them.

C) You aren't certain you trust Mahan alone with advanced technology. Get ready to accompany her to Jarvis.

D) Hold the presses. Langley's headed to the kitchen. Only good things can come from this and I will be first in line.

E) Other (Write-in)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
622
Post time: 2016-1-22 14:28:18
| Show all posts
Hm...I am a little curious on what they are up to.

[x] B) Yor're worried how Chicago and Dolphin are doing. Head down to the fleetgirl quarters and check them out.

0

Digests

0

Threads

35

Posts

ENS

Rank: 1

Credits
260
Post time: 2016-1-22 17:12:29
| Show all posts
[x] C) You aren't certain you trust Mahan alone with advanced technology. Get ready to accompany her to Jarvis.

The original mission isn't done yet, so supervising until it is should definitely come before writing up the report. Further, Mahan has repeatedly shown she has more intelligence then wisdom, so she may very well perform better if someone is there to say 'are you sure this is a good idea?' This might also give us an opportunity to talk to her about the whole volunteering others for dangerous missions thing she did, but I'm not sure how to phrase that.

I'm very tempted to have Diaz to bring us one of whatever Langely is cooking, because multitasking.

Lastly, I'm not sure why we should be worried about Dolphin or Chicago, they both performed as expected and seem to have no complaints.

0

Digests

0

Threads

127

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
10357
Post time: 2016-1-23 03:12:07
| Show all posts
C) You aren't certain you trust Mahan alone with advanced technology. Get ready to accompany her to Jarvis.

This makes the most sense to me. We were sent here to do a job after all and it makes sense to sort that out first. That being said, I do hope we get more opportunities for some casual conversation with the girls later on.

0

Digests

0

Threads

63

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
768
Post time: 2016-1-23 06:49:59
| Show all posts
Input:  Dat Mahan CG, d00d...

C) You aren't certain you trust Mahan alone with advanced technology. Get ready to accompany her to Jarvis.

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2016-1-23 09:30:14
| Show all posts
New segment up.

A) Disappointed you didn't get a mine to examine?

B) I think Marblehead's going to be pissed at you for a while.

C) Dolphin still giving you a hard time?

D) Other (write-in)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
622
Post time: 2016-1-23 14:56:36
| Show all posts
D) *Pat Mahan in the head* and I'll vote up the next vote. Not really sure which one to pick. Don't know about C, but I'm thinking that choosing A would lead to Mahan talking about B and vice-versa.

0

Digests

4

Threads

164

Posts

客座人员α·Visiting Staff α

Rank: 7Rank: 7Rank: 7

Credits
499
 Author| Post time: 2016-1-23 15:33:13
| Show all posts
D) Other (write-in): Instead of talking go stalk fridge-equivalent unit and look for Langley leftovers from mealtime. If food is found, offer to Mahan. Otherwise one of the other choices.

0

Digests

0

Threads

127

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
10357
Post time: 2016-1-24 11:51:05
| Show all posts
C) Dolphin still giving you a hard time?

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
622
Post time: 2016-1-24 17:42:37
| Show all posts
Sune 2016-1-23 15:33
D) Other (write-in): Instead of talking go stalk fridge-equivalent unit and look for Langley leftove ...

STEC-me: I heard the Langley made a fantastic turkey for the Thanksgiving feast last year...damn...I wasn't here for all the food... *depressed in a corner*

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2016-1-26 05:41:23
| Show all posts
New segment up.

A) Suuure you aren't. (Tease her.)

B) You must know a lot about STEC. (What do you want to ask about STEC?)

C) You must know a lot about the abyssals. (What do you want to ask about abyssals?)

D) You must know a lot about the other shipgirls. (Ask about which other shipgirl?)

E) Other (Write-in)

0

Digests

0

Threads

63

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
768
Post time: 2016-1-27 09:12:03
| Show all posts
Input:

E) Other (Write-in)  Time to turn on the Shakespeare.

"Well, mi'lady, my apologies that you forced yourself to endure my doting camaraderie for a fellow sailor.  That being said, I'm no boor either.  It wouldn't have killed you to decline before I invaded your personal space, unless you are trying to get one over me on sexual harassment charges.  ...In which case, I am really, really sorry Miss Mahan!  Please, forgive this vile fiend for laying hands on thee.  Mercy, mi'lady!  I shall do as you say!"

...

"So, if you have been here for ages, how come you are still running around doing fieldwork like a grunt?  Aside from the obvious reason of, I am a Ship Girl and Abyssals need to be defeated by Ship Girls."

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
622
Post time: 2016-1-27 21:06:50
| Show all posts
Well, now now. Slow down there Romeo, lol. XD

I kid. Don't mind using ThatDandy's E. Or a variant of sorts.

0

Digests

0

Threads

127

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
10357
Post time: 2016-1-28 09:10:22
| Show all posts
B) You must know a lot about STEC. (What do you want to ask about STEC?)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2016-1-28 09:21:51
| Show all posts
Edited by MrCorsair at 2016-1-28 09:50

New segment up.
(No options, write-ins only)

Feelings are complicated things and we can often be of two minds about something. Everything everyone writes in is valid and goes right into Jonas' psyche.

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
622
Post time: 2016-1-29 18:59:04
| Show all posts
Write-in

You: "...funny you might ask." Stares at Jarvis with a very serious expression. "If you want an honest answer, a little pathetic."

Mahan: *insert Mahan's response*

You: "No disrespect to the people putting themselves in harm's way every day, in fact, I am grateful for everything you girls have done for us. Without the shipgirls, I'm sure the world today would have been very different. Like you said Abyssals needed to be defeated by shipgirls. But do you know how hard is it for us humans to be sidelined like that? Some protectors we are...so I did the next best thing I could think of, serving STEC and making sure you girls are as comfortable as possible, whenever you're away from the battlefield. Even if my responses was casted away as silly, goofy or even childish."

Mahan: *insert Mahan's response, but was cut off*

Coxswain: "We have arrived."

You: "Come, enough chit-chat, let's go."
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Mobile|小黑屋·Darkroom|书墓|书墓之心 ( 蜀ICP备15014333号 )

2017-8-24 16:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.199961 sec., 13 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.2

Release 20141225, © 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

MultiLingual version, Rev. 442, © 2009-2017 codersclub.org

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list