书墓之心

 Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search
View: 8614|Reply: 280

Mr. Corsair's Pacific Quest (OOC)

[Copy link]

0

Digests

4

Threads

164

Posts

客座人员α·Visiting Staff α

Rank: 7Rank: 7Rank: 7

Credits
499
Post time: 2015-12-17 10:46:43
| Show all posts |Read mode
In the interests of legibility (since if Mr. Corsair is interested in running a quest the best all of us here can do is be supportive), I am opening up an OOC thread here for discussion of random comments or votes.

Also, since I'm the first voter.

DD: Mahan.

CL: Marby.

CA: Lulu because hilarious.

SS: Write-in for Dolphin, who is basically Pacific!R. Lee Ermey.

0

Digests

1

Threads

180

Posts

客座人员α·Visiting Staff α

Rank: 7Rank: 7Rank: 7

Credits
2170
Post time: 2015-12-17 11:05:12
| Show all posts
Edited by k9catforce at 2015-12-17 12:18

DD: Mahan as well.

CL: Marblehead (Hooray for crappy jokes and bad poetry!)

CA: Chicago (I'm curious to see what got her in trouble.)

SS: Now that Sune mentions Dolphin, I'd have to pick her too. I can't bear to see my favorite subtwins seperate.
EDIT: I can't read.

0

Digests

0

Threads

60

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
670
Post time: 2015-12-17 11:59:59
| Show all posts
DD: Edsall for sure mahan and shaw have awful luck
CL: Marblehead the jokes right themselves for that name
CA: sweet home Chicago just think of all blue brothers references
SS: I have to say dolphin as well from the write ups of the characters having one with out the other just seems wrong

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2015-12-17 13:29:42
| Show all posts
*Posts first story section*
Me: Oh well, even if it's crap nobody's going to read it anyway. Might as well go down to the range an vent my frustrations and nerves on some paper targets.
*Comes back hours later, spit-takes after getting a mention in both the regular update thread and has an OOC thread and votes.*

Thank you for participating!

As for update schedules I'm aiming for a slow but steady pace. Voting will remain open for 24 hours until I start writing the next segment.

0

Digests

43

Threads

981

Posts

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

Credits
5101
Post time: 2015-12-18 06:13:52
| Show all posts
_____, I don't know what to call you, but I've got one line of advice for you as your start to write.

Have a goal in mind with each quest. It could be as grandiose as practicing an idea about a theme or a conflict, or it could be as simple as "I would like to write one hundred words every day for my writing project."

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2015-12-18 08:23:33
| Show all posts
Understood. I'll take that advice to heart.

Also, calling the votes and writing.

0

Digests

0

Threads

224

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
564
Post time: 2015-12-18 08:25:55
| Show all posts
Wait before the poll closes!

DD: Shaw
Light Cruiser: Raleigh (would be interesting interaction with Shaw)
Heavy Cruiser: Loueeaaaa....looouuuaaaa..just get Lulu
SS: I'll just go Dolphin

0

Digests

0

Threads

127

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
10172
Post time: 2015-12-18 08:47:26
| Show all posts
DD: Mahan
CL: Raleigh
CA: Chicago
SS: Dolphin

If we're going to do the quest in this format, with the votes being tallied outside the actual thread, then is it possible to put up a poll? Does the forum have that option? It might make things a bit easier to manage.

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2015-12-18 08:49:14
| Show all posts
Eh, I'll allow it. That does mean we have our first tiebreaker roll!

Chicago-1 Lulu-2

Rolled a 1, looks like Chicago wins!

Back to writing.

0

Digests

0

Threads

60

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
670
Post time: 2015-12-18 10:57:38
| Show all posts
Let's go with the forth option daiz can handle shooting a flair and taking the gun from him can only hurt his confidence. Contacting the girls is pointless once the flair goes up they can figure things out just as easily as we did. Instead we need to call avalon for two reasons 1 the TBDs may be friendlies and just blowing them out of the sky could be very bad and 2 if enemies avalon will have a far better idea of numbers and if any ships are near by or if another wave is coming from a different direction we don't want to be so focused on the enemy in front of us we ignore our flank.

0

Digests

43

Threads

981

Posts

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

Credits
5101
Post time: 2015-12-18 11:00:46
| Show all posts
Yes, if Mr. Corsair puts up a poll himself, he should be able to set its duration and time.

Just ping me when you've gotten one up. I need to go in the backend to circumvent the anti-bot measurements.

0

Digests

0

Threads

127

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
10172
Post time: 2015-12-19 01:54:11
| Show all posts
Ok, seems like we've had some miscommunication with Avalon concerning their training schedule. I don't think this ought to be too difficult to sort out. Option 3:

[O] Whoever is controlling those planes needs to know the range isn't clear. I get to the Radio and call Avalon so they can stop the problem. I trust Diaz to get the flare up on his own.

0

Digests

0

Threads

15

Posts

ENS

Rank: 1

Credits
55
Post time: 2015-12-19 03:23:16
| Show all posts
Oh, I love forum quests! Awesome to see one here!
AKA: MissingJimbo over on SV.
Need something clever to put here…

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2015-12-19 08:43:15
| Show all posts
Votes called. Writing.

Also, I have thought about it and I will not be using a poll unless it is absolutely necessary. A poll would restrict reader participation and creativity through write-ins. After all, we've had one write-in win and I do want to involve everyone's suggestions.

0

Digests

0

Threads

200

Posts

LTJG

Rank: 2

Credits
1680
Post time: 2015-12-19 09:40:22
| Show all posts
Edited by Rmpdc_Dcstr94 at 2015-12-19 09:43

Is the poll still open? Just came from vacation so you'll have to pardon me a little bit.

DD: Mahan
CL: Marblehead partly for being the ideal waifu type
CA: Houston! I want to see her have a draw with Nevada.
BB: Nevada for reasons mentioned above.
CV: The Big E herself.
SS: Dolphin
AKA Renerdecastro/Rmpdc on himeuta and tvtropes.

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
Post time: 2015-12-19 09:46:32
| Show all posts
Polls for fleet composition closed yesterday. Sorry. Part 3 should be up soon though!

0

Digests

4

Threads

164

Posts

客座人员α·Visiting Staff α

Rank: 7Rank: 7Rank: 7

Credits
499
 Author| Post time: 2015-12-19 11:36:29
| Show all posts
Is Morgang voting? Or is she even allowed to vote given the er, rule I heard about non-interference?

Anyways.

[X] Not yet, I'm going to meet with the shipgirls and find out what's wrong before I tell the captain.

Seriously, we have a case where most of the ship girls involved are too valuable to be risked in the front lines. Dolphin IS a highly capable combatant now (assuming this takes place around 1990 - where Pacific starts), but she's much better suited as an instructor. Same with Langley. Mahan's the only real scientifically minded ship girl on base, so that leaves us with Chicago as the only real fighter of the group.

You're not Morgane. But years of RPing with Morgane has rendered me paranoid to the fact that sometimes the smallest of the details could come back to bite you later.

... Also suddenly this reminds me of Star Trek. Mahan = Spock. Dolphin = McCoy. That makes Lt. Walters Kirk? 8D

0

Digests

0

Threads

35

Posts

ENS

Rank: 1

Credits
260
Post time: 2015-12-19 11:42:37
| Show all posts
Assuming that our characters are chosen, since the quest update before I found it, let's start with our next decision. I suspect that trying to snatch the flare gun away will only add to the confusion, since if we snatch it before it's loaded we'd then need to load it ourselves, and if we snatch it after it's loaded we've merely introduced another step before it's fired. Also, I like to assume that the watchman is competent, so I strongly feel that we should trust Diaz to get the flare up on his own. Assuming we don't choose a fourth option, such as flag signaling, we should thus go to the radio. Personally, I don't see any reason once we're there not do both call Avalon and our girls, so the only question is who to call first. Given that it is possible this isn't actually a drill – the buoys may be a red herring – I'm leaning towards letting our girls know first. Or in vote form:

[x] The girls need clear and accurate information and the flare won't give them that. I get to the Radio and signal them so they can watch for incoming planes and take evasive action. I trust Diaz to get the flare up on his own.
-[x] Once this is done, then contact Avalon.

0

Digests

0

Threads

127

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
10172
Post time: 2015-12-19 11:48:30
| Show all posts
Edited by Adjutant27 at 2015-12-19 11:55

[O] Slightly modified option 2:

Since I assume we're already on the bridge, we should tell one of the crewmen to inform the Captain and XO about what just occurred. We're still in dark as to why our approach area was suddenly turned into a live fire range; meaning that there isn't really much to report that couldn't be done by someone else. Afterwards we can head down and speak to the girls and get some information.

Edit: Sebsmith: I think the section you were voting for has already been closed.

0

Digests

0

Threads

35

Posts

ENS

Rank: 1

Credits
260
Post time: 2015-12-19 12:17:40
| Show all posts
Adjutant27 2015-12-18 19:48
[O] Slightly modified option 2:

Since I assume we're already on the bridge, we should tell one of t ...

Yeah, while that's clear now, it didn't appear to be the case when I started that typing that out. (Oops.)

Anyway, on to the next.

So currently I'm not really sure what our ship-girls could tell us or what we can tell the captain. It seems like we currently know so little that it might be better to continue yelling at Avalon for answers first.

For now,

[x]Adjutant27's modified option 2, but also keep the radio operator in contact with Avalon so they know we're here/why this might have happened.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Mobile|小黑屋·Darkroom|书墓|书墓之心 ( 蜀ICP备15014333号 )

2017-8-19 09:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.252462 sec., 14 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.2

Release 20141225, © 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

MultiLingual version, Rev. 442, © 2009-2017 codersclub.org

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list