[Copy link]

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-19 12:30:50
| Show all posts
Edited by MrCorsair at 2015-12-19 12:38

Time to answer some things people have raised and address some concerns I have so far.

1) Morgane is perfectly free to vote if she wants to. After allowing fans to play in the universe of Pacific it would be disingenuous to not let her play too. The only thing that would disqualify a vote from anyone in my eyes is a consistent attempt to troll the vote. Luckily this is a wonderful community and I don't see that happening.

2)Several votes seem to be coming in late. Since I want people to have a voice in the story I will be updating every other weekday, so Mon, Wed, Fri. I'm having a lot of fun writing this. In fact it's pretty energizing. Sadly I only now made the connection that I'm writing for people all over the globe and they have different time schedules. derp.

3) To address some things Sune mentioned:
a) This is taking place a little after the second fleet problem, which is actually why some members of your fleet are in your fleet.
b) There are actually hundreds of shipgirls in STEC, so we didn't just wander off with a sizable chunk of our available forces. I chose to only use shipgirls that have been revealed due to reader familiarity.
c) The Osage isn't exactly front line most of your duties won't necessarily be combat oriented. A more apt metaphor would be that we are a beat cop patroling a neighborhood. Enterprise, Iowa and the other heavy hitters are back at Avalon and can be deployed anywhere in the world at a moment's notice which makes them more like SWAT or riot police.

Digests

Threads

图书馆馆长·Library Director

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-19 13:34:25
| Show all posts
I generally have a non-intrusive policy in the creation of fanworks. Think of me as Uatu the Watcher, but well, easier on the eyes and marginally less cryptic.  I'll be content to watch but reserve the write to vote-in when particular instances arise or to break ties.

If this is set after the Fleet Problems, Corsair, one thing to consider is that the abyssal war should not be open public knowledge just yet. Most of the higher echleons of the world's militarizes are aware of the threat, but your average civilian should have no clue as to what a ship girl is or the true natures of the various ship girl organizations. For the average American, for instance, STEC is the U.S. Navy's research labs that gave them the super cheap car batteries. Or STEC is the group that is responsible for lighter materials for their houses. Only fringe groups on the proto-internet internet (internet has been invented a little earlier, and I think it is permissible to relax a little about how "90s" this really is) would be talking about sea monsters or maybe flashes of ship-girl fairies or even the girls themselves being caught on camera.

Unless you want to set it after the first "big" abyssal invasion, that would probably be fine too. Just my 2 cents.

Digests

Threads

LTJG

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-19 14:56:25
| Show all posts
Input:

[X] Not yet, I'm going to meet with the shipgirls and find out what's wrong before I tell the captain.

Digests

Threads

LTJG

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-19 17:42:27
| Show all posts
Combo one and two it's called multitasking people send for the captain ignoring him when his ship could come under attack at any minute is not a good idea since human ships are more vulnerable to enemy weapons just call mahan over the radio for a sitrep and any further orders we might have.

And a suggestion you might what to put up a voting open with the options in this thread and a voting closed post along with the chosen answer after the time is up that way we reduce confusion on what part of quest people are currently voting for.

Digests

Threads

LTJG

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-19 18:54:04
| Show all posts
MrCorsair 2015-12-19 09:46
Polls for fleet composition closed yesterday. Sorry. Part 3 should be up soon though!

If there's another one up, my vote is still the one I posted.
AKA Renerdecastro/Rmpdc on himeuta and tvtropes.

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-22 02:08:04
| Show all posts
Edited by MrCorsair at 2015-12-22 08:00

Calling the votes! New segment up and a summary of the voting options
[ ] Call out the escapees to Dolphin.

[ ] Get the Duo's attention and beckon them over.

[ ] This is amusing. I want to know where those two will try to hide on a ship this small.

[ ] Other ( Write-in)

Digests

Threads

LTJG

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-22 09:36:45
| Show all posts
Ok so obviously daiz never put the flair up and dolphin is chewing him out for it let her he deserves it also I don't know what her rank is. if lower than daiz remind her she is talking to a superior officer but reinforce that she is right and he is lucky it wasn't an actual enemy attack. Then get a sitrep from the girls knowing how they reacted today could tell us what we need to work on to get them ready for the real thing.

Digests

Threads

ENS

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-22 11:47:13
| Show all posts
[x] Get the Duo's attention and beckon them over.

We came here to get a report on the situation. Dolphin and Diaz are clearly busy, but Mahan and Marblehead should be able to provide it instead.

Digests

Threads

LTJG

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-22 13:55:47
| Show all posts
Input:

Digests

Threads

客座人员α·Visiting Staff α

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2015-12-22 15:51:31
| Show all posts
Edited by Sune at 2015-12-22 16:05

[ X] This is amusing. I want to know where those two will try to hide on a ship this small.

Reason? You picked the two most ... book-smart (that is to say, lacking in common sense) characters in the entire cast. I really want to see what they were thinking. xD

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-22 19:25:32
| Show all posts

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-24 06:51:34
| Show all posts
[*] Get the Duo's attention and beckon them over.

New section is up! Two things to vote on this time!

Marblehead's punishment is in your hands. Her actions ignored safety regs, leading to endangered personnel and damaged equipment.

[ ] Let it slide. You're the only one who knows and Marblehead was looking out for a friend.

[ ]  Stick to the books. For the first offense of this nature it's usually a written reprimand.

[ ] Capta-er Lieutenant's mast. As an O-2 you can dock a week off her pay or give her two weeks of extra duties.

[ ] Get creative. Dolphin's got two chew toys now.

[ ] Other (write-in)

What else do you want to ask the girls? As Sune pointed out, these are two of Avalon's smarter individuals.

[ ] (Write in)

Due to the holidays the next update will be on Monday. Merry Christmas, everybody!

Digests

Threads

LTJG

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-26 08:33:28
| Show all posts
Input:

[X] Let it slide. You're the only one who knows and Marblehead was looking out for a friend.

[X] "Since we are going to be thick as thieves for the foreseeable future here, you girls mind explaining to the new guy why the Admiral thought it'd be a good idea to burn our mutual friend here, Mahan, into Dolphin's little black book?"

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-27 23:43:58
| Show all posts
Edited by Adjutant27 at 2015-12-28 02:34

Regardless of why she did it, her decision still put her colleagues in danger and things could have ended a lot worse. I don't think there is any benefit in trying to cover things up, especially since this incident is probably going to attract enough attention from Avalon's command to warrant a small investigation. if that happens, the effort of keeping the truth hidden will probably become far more trouble than it's worth, especially when they get around to interviewing that pilot. That being said, there isn't any reason to be overly cruel with her. Sorry Marblehead, but you are as much to blame for this as whoever was launching those planes and you're not dodging that, written reprimand it is.

[X]  Stick to the books. For the first offense of this nature it's usually a written reprimand.

However... I do wonder why Dolphin and her former commander are so quick to bully Mahan around. I agree with ThatDandy that we'd do well to find out the reasons for that as well.

[X] "Since we are going to be thick as thieves for the foreseeable future here, you girls mind explaining to the new guy why the Admiral thought it'd be a good idea to burn our mutual friend here, Mahan, into Dolphin's little black book?"

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-29 05:27:36
| Show all posts
Calling the votes now, and It's time for another tiebreaker!

1=Let it slide 2= Reprimand

rolled another 1.

Writing.

Digests

Threads

LTJG

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-29 08:11:35
| Show all posts
Edited by ThatDandy at 2015-12-29 08:17

Input:

[X] Resist the burning urge to sweat profusely at the earnestness of your new comrades and the helplessness of your superiors by posing in place, discreetly.  On the bright side, your new comrades are cut pretty much from the same cloth as you because that combination of intellect, curiosity, and earnestness is what landed you a job here in STEC to begin with.  How ironic!
+ [X] Curiosity. Some things didn't add up to you. You dug until STEC would either have to recruit you or 'disappear' you.

Digests

Threads

客座人员α·Visiting Staff α

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2015-12-29 14:08:52
| Show all posts
[X] Curiosity. Some things didn't add up to you. You dug until STEC would either have to recruit you or 'disappear' you.

PS, the latter option is much easier considering certain ship girls are known to possess psionic type abilities. If Iowa's able to "heal" and clear the minds of survivors from the 1950 abyssal conflict, wouldn't be too hard to just reset one's memory or implant some kinda fake "party hard" memory so that you lose a day or two.

[ ] Rivalry. You needed to rise up the ranks as fast as possible, and STEC promotes talent.

- IMO wouldn't be in STEC's character. Pretty much from what I've seen STEC has its foundations in the Eisenhower administration, which means that they'd actually promote a different type of culture. Mostly benign competition. If you want to rise up the ranks as fast as possible, please see me for an application to Pacific's NKT. Ishida is always open to new underlings.

[ ] Novelty. You joined the navy to get out of your Podunk home town and have an adventure. Joining a covert research group seemed the thing to do.

Didn't vote for this one because STEC's ship girl division is pretty well hidden. I mean I imagine you can probably get a good position being like a group leader in STEC's say, materials division or something. To stumble your way into the actual ship girl operation would be remarkable to say the least.

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-29 21:59:37
| Show all posts

[X] Curiosity. Some things didn't add up to you. You dug until STEC would either have to recruit you or 'disappear' you.

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-31 08:33:51
| Show all posts
Calling the votes for curiosity and writing!

Digests

Threads

LT

Credits
Post time: 2015-12-31 11:40:03
| Show all posts
Edited by Adjutant27 at 2015-12-31 12:34

This is the first internet quest I've participated and so I don't have much to compare it to, but generally I've been very much enjoying playing. I think I have a good grasp of our player character, his relationship with several of his colleagues, and his general personality. The shipgirl's personalities are also well defined and I can get a decent idea of how they might react to different situations. You've given us an interesting and realistic scenario to deal with as well as a wide range of ways to respond to it in addition to just writing in what we think will work. I feel like I'm invested in our character and I am very interested to see what comes next.

Speaking of, what I'm most looking forward to is seeing more of the world. There is a lot about how Pacific's setting is put together that I find very interesting and something interactive like this could be a good way to explore some of it. I'm sure our hosts would be happy to provide information if you need it but I also recall that these roleplaying projects were meant to be "two-way" when it came to worldbuilding. As in what we'd come up with has a chance of influencing how Pacific's canon world is built if the idea fits and is good enough. Exploring the world also means getting to know the characters and how they interact with another, I'm sure we'll get to see plenty of that when we finally get our little fleet organized and see them in action.

I've always found Pacific's particular way of handling the Abyssals threat interesting. Most Kancolle fanfics I've read have started off with the Abyssals already is full view of the public with the world\s governments, unified or not, fighting against them with their shipgirl forces. This is not true for Pacific, the existence of the Abyssals is privileged knowledge and the world at large is completely unaware (though I expect that there are some vague but still unsettling rumors floating around on this world's internet equivalent and certain intelligence circles). The threat in those interpretations can be quite dire, almost apocalyptic if you follow certain implications to their logical endpoints, but here things seem to be more or less "safe" for the general public. The sea lanes are open, incursions are isolated and countered relatively quickly and the immediate threat to global civilization is quite low. But everyone involved in this project is aware that something big is coming and when it does the world will need everything it has to defeat it. It's like if you could start an X-Com game years or decades before the aliens actually show up in force, allowing you to follow how the threat was first discovered and take part in preparing the world for it while trying to keep the knowledge locked away to prevent mass panic. The first of those big invasions might still be a while off here but I think that being forced handle such a thing would be a good way to shake things up once we get settled into whatever counts as "routine" here. Still, it's your quest and I admit I might have misunderstood something about how Pacific's canon world is set up. Regardless I'm still very much looking forward to seeing what you have planned.

Edit: If you don't mind, I'd like to give a mention to the quest over on the Spacebattles Kancolle fic thread, Kancolle quests are suprisingly popular there and on it's sister site, Sufficient Velocity. I'm sure there might be some people interesting in just reading it as well.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Mobile|小黑屋·Darkroom|书墓|书墓之心 ( 蜀ICP备15014333号 )

2017-11-18 14:15 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.520613 sec., 13 queries .