书墓之心

 Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search
Author: MrCorsair

Pacific Quest: On Patrol

[Copy link]

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
 Author| Post time: 2016-8-9 02:52:52
| Show all posts
C). Tell him to get to the point.

"Well that's a heck of a accusation." you cross your arms. "So where were you when I was dragging wounded to the med bay?"

"Nyeh!" he takes a long draw on the cigar.

"He said he was with his shipgirl, where he was supposed to be, and not-" Mahan clears her throat. "-and not running around doing things better left to grunts." the girl's face darkens. The previous hints of joviality are gone now.

"You're a real charmer, aren't you? Why don't you cut to the chase and tell me what you want." The pinstripe fairy laughs and hops from the seat and motions at the large numbers of guns trained on you.

"He claims to already have what he wants. The majority of faeries on this ship now acknowledge him as their, for lack of a better term 'Don.'" Mahan's eyes dart around the room. For the first time you notice a few familiar-looking blue berets on some of the Don's underlings.

"Nyeh!" he shouts as he thumps his chest.

"According to the Don, Osage is beyond trying to fix. He calls it 'floating scrap,' and asserts that any time spent repairing her is time apart from their fleetgirls. He insists that any future work orders for the faeries will come through him, and any he deems unnecessary will mysteriously get lost in red tape unless they receive proper compensation."

"Nyeh!" he thrusts his cigar at Mahan.

"He wants me to add 'Capisce?'" she adjusts her glasses. "Sir, I am not certain what sort of compensation would even interest the faeries. I believe some folklore describes cream and butter as common offerings to appease angry fey."

"What, no firstborn children?"

"Those seem to be in short supply on this ship." she replies dryly.

A) Agree to his terms, at least for now.

B) Tell him he can go to hell.

C) Here's my counter-offer (describe your offer.)

D) He's in stomping range. Screw negotiating.

E) Other (Write-in)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
 Author| Post time: 2016-8-12 08:37:02
| Show all posts
E. Question him: "And what exactly would this compensation be?"

The thought of cutting deals with this little rodent makes you skin crawl. You decide to negotiate and buy time, although you aren't certain what good it will do.

"So what kind of compensation are you looking for? I wasn't certain faeries even had needs."

"Nyeh!" He gives you a toothy grin and waves his cigar towards Mahan.

"Apparently I was on the right track, commander. However he also insists that there will also be 'favors' he needs from you, and quite possibly the rest of the crew."

"What are the odds that most of the faeries won't see a lick of it?" you ask Mahan.

"I have no doubt that he will hoard the majority of any payments for himself and his closest subordinates. The rank-and-file faeries will likely see scraps, if anything at all." The Don cuts off Mahan with a sudden burst of laughter.

"Nyeheheh! Nyeh!"

"He knows that this is a big, hard decision for someone so inexperienced. He's willing to give you some time to think it over if you'll leave his office." The girl clears her throat. "Those were his words, commander. I am well aware that this is your stateroom."

A) Leave for now. Find the other fleetgirls and come up with a plan.

B) Stay. You want to continue negotiating.

C) Stay. It's your damn stateroom.

D) Other (Write-in)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
 Author| Post time: 2016-8-16 08:52:29
| Show all posts
A) Leave for now. Find the other fleetgirls and come up with a plan.

You turn and storm out of the room, your face red from embarrassment and anger. You can't remember the last time you've been this humiliated. Thrown out of your own stateroom by something that couldn't even be called pint-sized! You want to scream. You want to hit something. You want to tear something apart with your bare teeth and-

You hear the door shut behind you. Spinning around, you see Mahan still holding her crumpled hat and  that damned poker face. As unnerving as her unwavering doll-like features could normally be, right now something about them soothed you. Maybe that anger was just the abyssals talking. You couldn't decide if that thought was comforting or not, and tried to push it out of your mind.

"Well, at least one of us is taking this calmly."

"Not at all, Lieutenant." she raises an eyebrow. "The sight of several of my faeries taking orders from that diminutive miscreant has left me rancorous."

"Isn't that a monster from something?"

"Not exactly. It means that at the moment I am enraged beyond the capacity for rational thought, not a creature from star wars." Huh. Mahan knew about Star Wars. That should have been obvious as she looked like a typical sci-fi loving nerdy girl. Come to think of it, how much of the outside world have they been exposed to? They've been around for almost half a century, what else have they seen?

You surpress a chuckle at the thought of Mahan wearing tye-dye and love beads.

"Well that's a shame, because we need a plan to stop this guy. I don't think we'll be able to get him on tax evasion. Go find the newcomers.  I'll head back to bow storage. If everyone's finished over there we'll meet up."

"Understood. Where shall we meet?"

A) The shipgirl's quarters. At least the girls will be comfortable.
B) The mess. At least there will be food.
C) The remains of the wheelhouse. At least there probably won't be any fairy spies up there.
D) Other (Write-in)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
 Author| Post time: 2016-8-19 04:10:30
| Show all posts
C) The remains of the wheelhouse. At least there probably won't be any fairy spies up there.

Bow storage is, thankfully, not as messy as when you left. Chicago no longer has Dolphin locked in a full nelson, although Dolphin is still fuming and alternates between glaring daggers at the cruiser and refusing to acknowledge her existence. Chicago meanwhile has the serene look of someone long past giving a single rusty fuck and is prepared for the Hand of God go come down on her.

Langley is the only bright spot in the bunch. She's crouched over a basket cooing at the faeries inside. Somewhere past the smell of burning nitrate and industrial alcohol you can faintly pick up the scent of fresh bread. At least your sense of smell is still intact.

"Hello, Lieutenant!" Langley stands and salutes cheerfully. "All it took was one whiff and they were practically shooting at each other to be first!"

You return the salute and take a peek in the basket. The faeries are tearing into a plate of biscuits, oblivious to everything else around them. You also note that the setup the faeries were using to tap the torpedoes for alcohol has also been smashed into a thousand pieces, probably Dolphin's handiwork.

"Not bad." you nod. "Actually, I take that back. Great job." Langley beams.

"I met with their ringleader." you glance over at Chicago. You expected her to at least flinch or something, but she's cool as a cucumber. "I think our little fairy mutiny is worse that it seems. I'm gathering all the fleetgirls to the wheelhouse to come up with a plan." you gesture at the basket of faeries and rapidly disappearing biscuits. "Make sure none of your 'prisoners' get away. We may need to question them."

End part 3. No votes today.

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
 Author| Post time: 2016-8-23 06:30:51
| Show all posts
You gaze around the bullet-ridden ruins of the wheelhouse. The blood stains and shattered machinery have been cleared away, but you can still see the gaping hole made by a suicidal abyssal. It's almost enough to draw your attention away from the fact that you're in a crowded room with nothing but beautiful women. Then again, the wheelhouse wasn't exactly a Panamanian nightclub.

The awkward silence from bow storage lingers. Chicago and Dolphin are still giving each other the silent treatment. Langley refuses to take a side in their little snit. Marblehead is crouched in a quiet corner, most likely nursing a hangover. You're too busy going over your options in your head, and silently praying to any deity that will listen that the faeries aren't getting into any more trouble.

A high-heeled foot smashes that hope, along with the door.

"LIEUTENANT!" Great. Pennsy is on the warpath. "In all my years at STEC I have NEVER seen this sort of nonsense! How the hell did you manage to turn the faeries, the damned FAERIES against us? Do you have ANY idea of how we've been humiliated? Do you even care?"

A) Reply dismissively.  You've had to deal with enough big egos today.

B) Reply appeasingly. We've all had a hard day. Might as well hear Pennsy's tale of woe.

C) Reply aggressively. Put her in her place.

D) Other (Write-in)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
 Author| Post time: 2016-8-26 10:53:10
| Show all posts
B) Reply appeasingly. We've all had a hard day. Might as well hear Pennsy's tale of woe.

"Go ahead. It couldn't be any worse than what we've had to put up with today." you shrug.

"Damn right I'm going to tell you." you thrusts a finger at you, as though you were somehow responsible. "Those little cretins dumped putrid mayonnaise on us, then had the gall to try and charge us for cleaning them! My own faeries! What kind of ship are you running here?" Northampton and Helena poke their heads in.

"They did something to the washing machines, sir." Northampton scratches her cheek. "At least I think they did. We shooed them away, but we noticed a half-dozen empty bottles of Tabasco sauce.  Rather than take our chances we figured it was wiser to borrow these." You notice that Pennsy, Northampton and Helena are wearing heavy navy-issue pea coats rather than their usual attire. The three of them are probably broiling in this tropical heat.

"I think he's disappointed." Helena winks. Northampton shakes her head in disapproval and lightly elbows the light cruiser before turning to you.

"It sounds like everyone's had trouble with the faeries." Northampton notes.

"Yeah. I just got out of a meeting with their leader. Some pint-sized mafia guy." you regret saying that as all eyes focus on Chicago. It seems there was a reputation there. The cruiser seems to just accept everyone's ire as she leans against the bulkhead and stares straight ahead at nothing.

"This was your doing?" Pennsy growls as her wrath switches focus from you to Chicago. She takes a few steps forward before Northapton grabs Pennsy's wrist. The larger girl isn't even slowed as she twists out of the grip and slams her palm into the bulkhead inches away from Chicago's head. You're fairly certain she's left a hand print in the steel. "Can't you even control your own damn faeries?" Pennsy asks. Chicago remains silent, but that only eggs Pennsy on as her tirade gets more and more vicious.

Northampton isn't sitting still either. You haven't spoken with her much, but if there's one thing you've noticed about her it's that she's very protective of almost everyone. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out how'd she react to someone ripping into her little sister.

(Think fast, what do you do?)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
 Author| Post time: 2016-9-1 16:50:10
| Show all posts
A). Try using our authority as her commander to make Pennsy stop.

You feel it again. That churning, bubbling cauldron of rage known by every officer ever. The combined frustration of every petty problem brought up by your subordinates, left to marinate in their laziness and lack of focus. Now it's being slow-roasted over a white-hot anger that makes you wonder if you'd accomplish things faster if you shot at those under your command first.

"USS Pennsylvania, That's enough!" Your voice booms in the small room. "You think you're the only one pissed at the fairies? The little bastards threw me out of my own stateroom and earlier on we caught them taking Dolphin's torpedoes apart for alcohol! I can't imagine that they've left the rest of the crew alone either!" You can feel your heart race and veins bulge.

Pennsy takes a few steps back. Hell, almost all of the girls take a few steps back. Marblehead, Helena and Langley look like they've just been slapped. Northampton's eyes flick around the room, silently asking if this is normal. Ditto for Mahan. Chicago is finally looking you in the eye, and Dolphin has the weirdest damned grin on her face. Pennsy's shock slowly wears off. She opens her mouth to reply, but you aren't giving her the chance.

"Everyone here is just as annoyed at them as you are." The looks of dread slowly walks you back from your anger. You want to kick yourself. Pennsy aside, you didn't want the rest of the girls looking at you like you were some kind of B-movie monster. Your howls of rage focus into raspy menacing growls.  

"I don't think Chicago's too happy about the situation herself"  You step into Pennsy's personal space and lean in. You feel your nose come in contact with hers. "We're here so we can find a way to get them back under control; she needs to be a part of that." Pennsy blinks and tries to avoid looking you in the eyes.

"Do I make myself clear?"

"A-Aye, sir." That was the quietest reply you've ever heard out of Pennsy.

"Now then-"

A) Chicago, you know the Don. Any suggestions?

B) Langley, you managed to bribe some of the faeries. Suggestions?

C) Mahan, you're the smartest person here. Suggestions?

D) (Someone Else) You've been quiet. Any suggestions?

E) I have a plan. (Write-in.)

0

Digests

0

Threads

207

Posts

LT

Rank: 3Rank: 3

Credits
3257
 Author| Post time: 2016-9-6 10:31:35
| Show all posts
E) Plan A, Counterbribe.

You straighten your back and set your shoulders. You might have come off a little harsher than you would have liked, but you're in control now and you need to address your girls calmly. You take another look at the captured faeries. They've finally finished their bribe and are currently sleeping away without a care in the world. A plan forms.

"Now then, on to Business. Their leader, the mafia guy, wants us to send our work orders through him. Anything he says isn't worth doing isn't done by his fairies, unless we give him something." The shipgirls trade nervous glances, except for Chicago. She still has her damned poker face.

"With the ship as it is, that's extortion, as far as I'm concerned" you hear a few murmurs af agreement.

"Mahan and I talked about this earlier, we know he'll probably demand various miscellaneous items from us, possibly some food, drinks, maybe even money, and favors. The favors are purely self serving, but my hunch is that the treats are probably there to bribe the fairies into following him. Mahan thinks that even if we agree, he's probably going to keep most of what he gets for himself and some of his closer lackeys. The rest of the fairies won't see much."

"I think that might give some leverage, we can bribe them back. If all he claims he can provide his fairies are treats, we can give them the same. Langley's a good cook and it seems it's already worked on this bunch" You nudge the basket with your foot. The faeries don't stir and continue snoring.

"We get some nice food, some drinks, we split up and offer it for any fairy we see with the promise of getting more when they get back to work. if that works out, then by the time we're ready to storm his HQ, he ought to have no-one there to back him up"

You take a moment to gauge how much your audience understands. Most of them seem to be on board, but remain worried.

"Now... I know you've all worked with your fairies for far longer than I have and you know them better than I ever could. If anyone has any problems with the plan or even if you think it's complete nonsense, you're free to speak out and offer alternatives. I'm all ears."

There's a few awkward moments of silence. Northampton steps forward first.

"Sir, we've never seen them act this way before." She pauses for a moment, searching for words. "It would be like your mother suddenly deciding to charge you for tucking you in at night. I think your plan will work, but that doesn't change how wierd this all feels."

(How reply?)
You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Mobile|小黑屋·Darkroom|书墓|书墓之心 ( 蜀ICP备15014333号 )

2017-8-24 16:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.224637 sec., 13 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.2

Release 20141225, © 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

MultiLingual version, Rev. 442, © 2009-2017 codersclub.org

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list